I-pipettor provides the benefits of high-performance multichannel pipetting at an affordable price leveraging the proven automated pipetting engineering from liquid handling experts Apricot Designs. It is best suited for laboratories with large multifunctional automated liquid handling platforms which require fast and accurate systems to perform basic operations with none to minimal training and method programming.
Available in two models: I-Pipettor and the I-Pipettor Pro.
I-PipettorPro model is configured with a motor-driven head locking mechanism rather than the hand lever and also includes a motorized elevator that raises and lowers a plate or reservoir to the desired pre-set height.
The 384-channel I-Pipettor offers a maximum capacity of 125 μl per channel while the 96-channel version is available with maximum volumes of 125, 500, or 1000 μl. I-pipettor can be configured with a single plate nest or a 2-plate shuttle with versions available for plate-to-plate pipetting or plate-to-plate pipetting + serial dilutions by column. A motorized 2-plate shuttle is also available for the I-Pipettor Pro models.
The I-Pipettor’s are controlled via a simple and easy to use GUI interface app. I-Pipettor uses unique head design which employs high-precision manufacturing to produce reasonably priced heads that are independent of the pipetting mechanism. The easy load heads allow you to load disposable tips into the head quickly and easily, with no tools required. The user can clamp the pipetting head in seconds using a simple lever for the basic series or via push-button control for the Pro series allowing simple and easy set-up for the task at hand. For the most flexibility, the I-Pipettor allows manual indexing of the pipetting head for accessing 384-well plates with a 96-channel version or for accessing 96-well plates with a 384-channel version (with 96-channel head), and also options for indexing for serial dilutions by column.
For more information on the I-pipettor, visit http://www.apricotdesigns.com/i-pipette.htm.
See the I-pipettor in action in the video tab below.
Features and Benefits
- Performs 12 times faster than an 8-channel handheld pipettor
- Pipette to all 96 wells without having to replace tips 12 times.
- Flexible design for liquid transfers and pipetting operations for 96 and 384-well microplates.
- Uses the unique easy-change head system from Apricot Designs, allowing the user to build a diverse head library with a reasonable investment. The heads are interchangeable with other Apricot pipettors.
- Uses the unique EZ-Load disposable tips for the simplest no-tool, no-pressure loading of tips.
- Easily controlled through a simple interface, requires minimal operator training and no external computer.
- Small footprint conserves bench space and fits easily into suitably-sized hoods.
- Includes manual indexing plate to allow work with 96 or 384 plates (use indexer to work with 384 plates on 96-channel pipettor or to work with 96 plates on 384-channel pipettor).
- Plate replication
- Plate reformatting
- Reagent addition
- Compound addition
- Serial dilution (by column)
|Dispensing Precision||(96-500) <3% CV at 5 μl|
(96-125/384) <3% CV at 1 μl
|Dispensing Accuracy||(96-500) +/- 2% at 10 μl|
(96-125/384) +/- 2% at 1 μl
|Resolution Volume||(96-500) 1 ul (96-125/384) 0.1 μl|
(96-500) 1-500 μl
(96-125/384) 0.5-125 μl
|Dimensions||9″W x 14”D x 19.5″H|
229W x 356D x 495H mm
|Weight||Approx. 44 lbs. (20 kg)|
|Power||100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Operating Temperature||50 – 100 °F|
- Pro version: Motorized elevator and motorized head clamp.
- 384 channels or 96 channels.
- 96-channel volume options: 0.5-125 μl, 1-500 μl, or 5-1000 μl.
- Stage options. Single stage, 2-plate shuttle, 2-plate shuttle with serial dilution indexing, or motorized 2-plate shuttle with serial dilution indexing (Pro only).
- Disposable tip heads with 8, 12, 16, 24, 96 or 384 channels for Apricot high volume 250/500/1000 ul tips or Apricot EZ-Load 15/50/125 ul tips.